With the launch of Emily Essentially, I thought it would be the absolute perfect time to introduce myself to all of my readers, and share a little more about the girl behind the blog. Here are a few out-of-the-box facts about me that might just surprise you! I hope you enjoy!
1. I was a college cheerleader at the University of Michigan. Go Blue!
2. My favorite food is a tie between macaroni & cheese and hot dogs.
3. I'm fluent in Spanish. Espero que le guste mi blog!
4. I currently have 13 piercings, and have had as many as 16 at one time. Almost all are in my ears, and I also have my nose and belly button pierced.
5. My biggest phobia/pet peeve is people scraping their their silverware on their plates or against their teeth. Freaks me out!
6. I'm a well traveled girl: Hawaii, Caribbean, Europe, Mexico and have seen a lot of the US as well!
7. My Sweet 16 present was a lime green Mustang. Thanks Dad!
8. I played 4 instruments as a child (piano, violin, flute, oboe) and can still read music.
9. I'm a habitual counter - I think it might be a touch of OCD, but I don't care. I count things like the number of letters in a word or sentence, and I always try to finish on an even number. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy, but it calms my nerves. It's safe to say my lucky number is not 7!
10. I've had the full spectrum of (natural) hair colors - blonde, brunette and redhead. Which is your favorite?
11. I am addicted to McDonald's fountain Diet Coke - I swear it tastes better than out of a bottle or can! There's just something about it that I can't get enough of, especially when it's only $1 in the summertime!
12. My ultimate goal is to have my own line of jewelry, makeup or participate in a brand partnership. A girl can dream, right?!
13. Who doesn't love the obligatory dog photos, so here's a few of my long-haired doxie daughter, Sadie! She'll be four this Thanksgiving, and she just gets sassier and more adorable each day. You can fully expect regular cameos of her here!
14. My favorite band/artists are the Backstreet Boys - I've seen them live 6 times! I'm even heading to Vegas next year to see their residency at Planet Hollywood and scored a meet-n-greet for the first time!
15. I was a FOX 2 Sports Intern one summer in college, and had to interview professional sports players and coaches like Miguel Cabrera of the Detroit Tigers. It was a blast!
16. My family and friends call me Em, but for whatever reason I hate the nickname "Emmy." Whatever you do, DON'T call me Emmy! I'm not an award!
17. I won the 4th grade spelling bee with the words "neighborhood" and "musical."
18. I have an undercut shave that has completely changed my life. Below is the before and after. It's enhanced my bob haircut and it keeps me cooler in the summer and during workouts. Even better, it's undetectable when my hair is down! More on this game-changer in a future post.
19. Competitive cheerleading is tougher than it looks - I've torn my left ACL not once, but twice. The first tear happened in high school, and the second while cheering at Michigan. It took a while to rebound from all of that rehab, but I can still do a backflip on command!
20. I met my boyfriend, Andrew on Tinder. It worked for us!
I'll be sharing a ton more about myself and my life in this section, so keep checking back to get to know me better - the face and voice behind Emily Essentially. I hope you enjoyed this post, and learned something about me you didn't know before!