Looking for the perfect lip color that will give you that "find me under the mistletoe" kissable pucker this holiday season? Then you know what you need to do! Find yourself a signature, holiday red lip! If you're in a position to treat yourself to an early stocking stuffer, check out my four high-end options. If you're saving up for last-minute presents for the fam, then there's also four drugstore/affordable options for you to choose from. No matter the cost, people will be asking what color you're wearing if you pick up one of these rouge showstoppers!
Products & Swatches:
Below are a few pictures of the products and swatches side-by-side. All eight pack some serious punch and staying power. The swatches will help you to compare the most suitable colors for you, and of course I've got a lip swatch of each below for you too!
If you think a classic red lip is timeless and indicative of the holiday season, then these splurges are ones that will be worth buying. From warm and fiery reds to more true cool-tone options, these lipsticks are worth every penny. The finishes are mostly luxe mattes, and include a metallic liquid lipstick for that holiday-party glam touch.
MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo
- Very matte, vivid blue-red
- Cost: $17
- A cult classic - a must for every girl who needs a go-to red lip color! The super matte finish requires moisturized & exfoliated lips, so remember to moisturize or use a lip scrub.
Jouer Lip Creme in Cranberry
- Metallic, cool cranberry red
- Cost: $18
- This is part of a limited-edition holiday trio that is sold-out on Jouer's site, but available through other third party sites. If you don't want to buy the whole bundle, try Jouer's Fraise Bonbon or Cabernet.
Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Rose Hip
- Vibrant red
- Cost: $24
- This shade is more orangey-red based, so if you love warm colors this is a great choice! A bonus - this product smells AMAZING!
MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red
- Intense bluish-red
- Cost: $17
- This lipstick is a cool-toned red that's a bit deeper in tone and more mature. It makes teeth look super white!
All of these lip options will come in under 10 bucks, with three of the four clocking in under $5. If you're not willing to invest in a red hued lippie for much more than that, then these are your best bets. A few glosses, a matte lipstick and a liquid lipstick - all four are great picks and offer you a range of red shades and color saturations for the makeup novice all the way to the bold-lip lover.
Maybelline Color Sensational Color Elixir Lip Lacquer in Signature Scarlet
- Sheer, true red
- Cost: $9
- This product has a sheer coverage that leaves lips with an almost-wet ultra-glossy look. It's a great option if you're not into bold lips but still want a holiday option for parties.
Morphe Creme Lip Polish in 4AM
- Sexy, true red
- Cost: $3.50
- This polish gives a super glossy, yet pigmented finish. Use a brush for a more precise application rather than squeezing onto the lips directly from the applicator.
ColourPop Matte Lippie Stix in Frenchie
- Bright, warm neon red in a matte finish
- Cost: $5
- This is the best formula of the Lippie Stix by ColourPop - it lasts all day! This warm-toned red creates a pop of color and pairs well with gold eyeshadow tones.
Wet 'N' Wild Megalast Liquid Lip Color in Red My Mind
- Deep, true red
- Cost: $3
- This is a great drugstore liquid lipstick option in a flattering, deep red. The formula is thick, so spread a thin layer for the most comfortable and wearable coverage.
Hopefully these gorgeous lippies will give you some holiday makeup inspiration! Go with a darker hue for your holiday parties and pair it with a glittery eye. Grab a fiery red or gloss for fun holiday activities like ice skating. Just remember to pack it with you for touch-ups because 'tis the season for photos! Let me know which shade is your must-have this holiday season!